Facebook. What a machine…
You’ve landed on this post because you’re looking to make $3,000 dollars per month from your Facebook profile. For this I am grateful. You’ve taken action to improve your life. You’re going to do great. I don’t know who you are, or what your goals are, but I know you’re looking for something more in your life. I believe in you and your success 110%.
If our paths haven’t crossed before, I’m Tucker Ferwerda. I do social media, digital marketing, and advertising for local businesses and help them make more money. People pay me to help them with their marketing. By doing so, I’ve made over $10,000 in a month lots of times. I’ve also been featured and written in a lot of cools places like Entrepreneur (check out my article here). You too can do this with the right help, guidance, and the right system.
Now, let’s get to the deets…
Facebook has over 2 billion active users per month. Not only is it a great place for running Facebook ads (my personal favorite for paid advertising), but it’s also great to earn business organically (my second most favorite place for advertising)
My main source of business actually comes from Facebook. Cool huh? I’ve learned to master it and I continue to tweak it every single day. As you can see from the screenshot, it’s definitely possible to make more than $3,000 per month on your Facebook profile. I’m going to be talking about making $10,000 in a month a lot during this article too. This is a huge goal for a lot of people and it was my goal for the longest time.
Before we get to the details on how to do it yourself, here are some things you should know:
The QUICKEST and EASIEST way to scale to $10,000 dollars per month is by getting clients. Doing stuff for people and getting paid for it. There are a ton of ways to do it, but sadly they’re not the most effective. Check out the following ways that are the least effective and why it’s hard to scale to $10,000 in a month.
- Affiliate marketing: This is a great way to earn money, but it’s not the most efficient. You’re spending a lot of time trying to get a sale. Unless it’s recurring (billed monthly) you’re going to be putting in a lot of work for a single sale. Let’s say you’re selling a $100 product. You get 40% commission. You would have to sell that $100 product to 250 people in 30 days to make $10,000 in a month. Plus, you’re only getting a percentage of the sale. While you’re getting 40% of the sale, the product owner gets 60% of the sale. Not only that, but they also get free advertising and build their email list so that they can continue to sell to them later on. Affiliate marketing is hard if you don’t know what you’re doing. I love affiliate marketing if it’s billed on a monthly basis because I can do the work once and get paid over and over. Make sense?
- E-commerce, dropshipping, and selling things on Amazon: This is the same concept as affiliate marketing. Let’s face it: E-commerce is hard. You have to be a marketing wizard to do it. I’ve done it before and I was sick of paying for the products and only making a little back. Let’s just say you buy a physical product for $6 bucks and sell it for $10. You only make $4. You’d have to sell that thing to 250 people (see where I’m going with this?) in 30 days.
- Blogging: Blogging is definitely doable, but it takes time to scale. Blogging should be played for the long term. Not for the short term. If you need money now, then you can’t rely on blogging. Google takes a long time to even recognize a website. You can use Pinterest to speed up results like my wife is, but it’s still a wealth building strategy for the long-term.
Now let’s talk about getting clients. On the low end, you can get 10 clients to pay you $1,000. On the higher end, you can get 3 clients to pay you $3,333. See how much easier that is?
Now let’s go into the ways I make over $3,000 per month from my Facebook profile.
Posting on my profile
Most people use their Facebook profile to watch cat videos, see what their friends did over the weekend, and exercise their thumbs by scrolling. I choose to use my Facebook profile for business. I add business owners as friends and they add me as friends. I post almost every day on my profile and it puts me in front of people who want to buy my products or services. I post results I’m getting for my clients and when other business owners see the results I’m getting, they message me because they want the same thing.
This is called attraction marketing. See how that works? Think about it: Your Facebook profile is like an email list. Let’s say you have 2000 friends on Facebook. Most of these people are business owners. When you post, a certain amount of these people see your posts. They will reach out to you wanting to learn more.
Now I don’t always post about business on my profile. I post about everything. I stay open and transparent about what I’m doing with my life. Here is a system I’ve put together. I’ve called it the “3-2-1 Method.”
- Post 3 days in a row about your lifestyle. These are things that you do on a regular basis. These can be thoughts you’ve had, feelings you experience, places you go, funny things you see, etc. People want to see that you’re human. It’s called “FACE”book for a reason. If you have a boring life, get a better one lol. Do things that people want to see more of.
- Post 2 days in a row after that about value. These posts are posts that your audience wants to see and learn about. These days can be value posts, tips, tricks, strategies, case studies, results you’ve got from your clients, value videos, cheat sheets, etc. Give value to people on these days that will help them with their business goals.
- Post a business post 1 day after that. This post is where you ask for the sale. You ask people to sign up for your products or services, get on a strategy call with you, or sign up for an email list.
Make sure you reply back to comments when someone comments on your posts. This will help Facebook see that you’re engaging with your audience and will put your post in the newsfeed of more people on your friend’s list. This will get you more business.
Posting Inside of Facebook Groups
I’ve made thousands by posting inside of other people’s Facebook groups. This can get pretty tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. You always need to come from a place of value inside of Facebook groups because Facebook group admins will block and delete you if you post spam or anything looks like you’re trying to get business by posting inside their groups. Post value, tips, and steps inside of these groups to get people to see it, comment, like and share. If it’s good enough, they’ll add you as a friend. When they add you as a friend, accept them and send them a quick message like, “hey thanks for the add!” This will show Facebook that you want them to see your posts more. Don’t try to sell them right away. Remember, we want our Facebook posts to do the selling for us. It’s all about how we position ourselves.
So you’re going inside of the top business groups. You’re posting results that you’re getting, value, tips, case studies, strategies, etc. People will add you as a friend if they like your content. They’ll even send you a message sometimes. Have conversations with them in the beginning and feel them out. Don’t try to sell to them too early if it’s not the right timing. Remember, you don’t want to go on a first date and ask them to marry you. This is weird. Don’t be weird. We now want our Facebook posts to follow the “3-2-1 Method as seen above. This will get others to message us instead of us messaging them. This puts us in a great position. Positioning is everything in business. You don’t want to look salesly and message everyone all the time. Again, weird. You want to let your posts do the selling. People will message you and then you’ll start to talk about the ways you can help them. I do digital marketing for businesses and I find out what they want and get them on a phone call to learn more about them. If I see that I can help them, I’ll close them on doing Facebook ads for them, building a sales funnel, or coaching. I’ll use Clickfunnels to charge people for my products and services. My prices are around $1,200 to $3,000 per month right now. Then after you close them, get paid and start fulfilling.
Creating My Own Facebook Groups
This is where you can start to scale. Create a Facebook group and get people in from posting on your profile. You can create freebies or lead magnets that you post inside your group, then you can post on your profile saying, “Anyone looking to do X? I’ve just put X inside of my Facebook group. You can join here >INSERT FACEBOOK GROUP LINK.” This will get people to join your group.
What great about groups is that everyone inside the group who is active gets a notification on their phone whenever you post. PLUS, they’re asking you to talk more about business. It’s like an email newsletter. They want to learn more. So you’ll talk more about your products and services inside of the group and sell more. You can do Facebook live’s more often inside of the group and sell more.